CPD Porthmadog FC
Cynghrair Undebol Huws Gray Alliance League

 Gartref / Home  Newyddion / News  Gemau / Fixtures  Canlyniadau / Results  Adroddiadau / Reports  Lluniau / Photos  Chwaraewyr / Players  Hanes / History  Cyfeiriadau / Directions  Siop / Shop  Archifau / Archive  Y Tabl / The Table  Trafod / Discussion  Academi / Academy  Ystadegau / Statistics  Erthyglau / Articles  Cysylltiadau / Links
| Holyhead (a) | Caersws (h) | Gresford (a) | Denbigh (h) | Guilsfield (a) | Penrhyncoch (a) |

Huws Gray Alliance -Saturday, 15 April 2017

Penrhyncoch FC......................2
Dafydd Carruthers 32’
Jon Evans 69’

CPD Porthmadog......................1
Meilir Williams 68’

The season’s last fixture proved a disappointment for Port as they failed to complete a hatrick of wins to round off the 2016/17 season. The home side, looking to ensure HGA safety, were well up for the game and led at the interval. Port, despite being down to 10 men from the 36th minute, fought back in the second period to draw level, only to concede a second goal from the re-start, a goal which turned out to be the winner. But thanks to a win by Holyhead at Caersws and a draw for Flint at the Oval, Port were able to make it a 4th place finish -six places up on last season.

The home side started strongly and went on to dominate the first half, quicker to the ball and strong in the tackle. Following the early sparring there was a chance at either end with Jon Foligno for Penrhyn heading a Mark Gornall corner over the bar, while a minute later Julian Williams raced down the left but his angled shot struck the side netting. The home side should have gone ahead when a long ball found Foligno unmarked in the box but he hurried his shot straight at Richard Harvey. Penrhyn continued to look the most likely to find a first goal and threatened again through Jon Evans who drove well into the box but failed to capitalise, firing past the post when well placed. In the 32nd minute, however, the home side deservedly went ahead. Former Port midfielder Mark Gornall was the creator with a dangerous free kick which was headed back across goal for Dafydd Carruthers to take full advantage, lashing the ball into the net from 10 yards. Minutes later Gornall lifted another dangerous free kick and it needed a good Richard Harvey save to keep out Liam Doherty. Things then got deciedly worse for Port when key defender Dan Roberts was dismissed by Welsh Cup Final referee Huw Jones for a second bookable offence. One of those offences which in retrospect the referee might feel that he had reduced his options with a rather soft first yellow. Towards the end of the half Cai Jones lifted a difficult volley over the bar and it remained 1-0 at the interval which was a fair reflection of the half.

Port came out strongly in the second period and for the whole of the second half it was not in anyway noticeable that one team was down to 10 players. In the first minute of the second half it looked as though Ceri James had levelled the score when he let fly from 30 yards but with the keeper beaten the shot went inches past the angle. Port upped the pace and it needed a good save by Lee Jenkins at his near post to keep out a well struck Julian Williams effort. Port were now dominant with Cai Jones and Ceri James putting in strong skilful performances linking up play from midfield. It was surprising that it took Port until the 68th minute before they were able to get the equaliser. A throw to the near post from Iddon Price caused panic in the home defence with the ball being allowed to bounce dangerously and Meilir Williams was in the right place to sniff out another close range goal. Unfortunately concentration levels went down and Penrhyn responded from the re-start to restore their advantage. They drove forward and Jon Evans struck from just inside the box. Richard Harvey got both hands to it and the ball flew high into the air. It appeared that Harvey had pulled off the save only for the high ball to drop just under the bar and into the net. The game was very open and there could have been more goals but though there were efforts from Cai Jones and Julian Williams and a back post header from Craig Papirnyk, making a rare sub appearance, Port could not find a second equaliser. Penrhyn looked to make the game safe but good efforts from Owain James and Josh Shaw failed to change the scoreline and a happy Penrhyncoch were able to celebrate their survival.

The season is over and Craig and his coaching team will turn their thoughts to 2017/18 in the knowledge that they have built the nucleus of a good squad but one that will need some strengthening, with the possible addition of more experience.

PORTHMADOG: Richard Harvey, Rob Evans, Paul Lewis, Ceri James, Dan Roberts, Steve Bratt (Craig Papirnyk 70’), Iddon Price, Julian Williams, Joe Williams, Cai Jones, Meilir Williams. Unused subs: Rhys Hughes, Sol Kempster, Tyler French (gk). Red: Dan Roberts (2nd yellow) 36’.

Referee: Huw Jones (Llanrhaeadr)
Attendance: 145.

Gareth Williams
Huws Gray Alliance -Saturday, 08 April

Guilsfield FC...............................1
Sam Litchfield 90’ + 3’

CPD Porthmadog......................,,2
Sion Bradley 34’
Meilir Williams 78'

Port continued in much the same vein as they finished the game against Denbigh last weekend to see off a Guils team fresh from a 5-1 drubbing of Gresford in midweek. Sion Bradley opened the scoring again, a goal to go with last week’s effort and two assists and Meilir Williams came from the bench again to sniff out another late close range effort and seal the three points. Unfortunately Sion Bradley had to limp off a quarter of an hour from the end with a twist to his ankle.

The home side started brightly with some good close passing but, as was the case throughout the opening half, they failed to turn possession into worthwhile chances and rarely troubled Richard Harvey. The closest they came to a goal in the opening half was from a well struck 20 yard free kick from Chris Cathrall which clattered the post. Port, on the other hand, looked more threatening with some strong breaks. Twice chances were created for Joe Williams, first a break to the byline from Julian Williams and his cross was played back for Joe Williams whose shot went straight at home keeper Lee Andrew. The keeper was then in action again saving a near post flick from the same player following good work from Josh Banks. Cai Jones, holding the ball up well behind front man Joe Willams, then put in an effort on goal pulling his angled shot narrowly wide of the far post. Four minutes on and Port took a deserved lead with the best move of the match. Ceri James started it with a flick into the path of Cai Jones to wrong foot the home defence and Cai’s perfectly weighted through ball put in Sion Bradley on the right of the box. The wideman coolly drew the keeper and placed a low shot across Lee Andrew into the far corner of the net. That is how it remained at the interval with neither side threatening in the remaining 10 minutes.

Port started the second half strongly and a good through ball from Sion Bradley put Joe Williams in on goal but his shot, past the advancing Andrew, also went past the outside of the post. Five minutes on and the same player found space on the right to receive a good crossfield ball from Paul Lewis only to shoot straight at keeper Andrew. Richard Harvey found his goal under threat just past the hour mark when a Chris Cathrall throw reached Robbie James in the centre of the box but the looping header went over the bar. There was a quick response from Port with Julian Williams cutting in from the right and Andrew, at full stretch, beat out a good curling shot from the winger. Port continued to apply the pressure and Ceri James, in dominant mood in midfield, found Julian Williams on the right , he cut inside but lifted his shot over the bar. With 75 minutes gone Sion Bradley twisted his ankle as he made yet another strong burst down the left and was replaced by Meilir Williams. The young forward, who scored last week’s winner, took just three minutes to find the net again for another important goal. Julian Williams lifted a dangerous free kick to the near post where Meilir Williams reacted quickest in the goalmouth to flick a header past keeper Andrew. Port also netted through Julian Williams and Chris Jones only to see them disallowed for offside. For the Guils it was a case of too little too late as player manager Danny Barton twice had a hand in threatening moves. Three minutes from time his downward header created a chance for Adam Jenkins whose shot from 8 yards struck the bar before being cleared, Then in the third minute of added time the guils got on the scoresheet when Barton sent a controlled header into the path of Sam Litchfield who lobbed over Richard Harvey and reduced the arrears. A good deserved win for Port thanks to a strong all round team performance.

The win restores Port to the 4th place, ahead of Caersws and Flint, and the final positions will depend on the results of the final set of games of the season next weekend. Port will be at Penrhynoch, Flint away at Caernarfon and Caersws home to Holyhead. If Port win they will finish in 4th spot.

PORTHMADOG: Richard Harvey, Rob Evans, Josh Banks, Ceri James, Dan Roberts, Iddon Price, Paul Lewis, Sion Bradley ( Meilir Williams 75), Julian Williams, Cai Jones, Joe Williams ( Chris Jones 68’), (Craig Papirnyk 90+1). Unused: Tyler French (gk). Yellow: Ceri James 86’, Julian Williams 90+4.

GUILSFIELD: Lee Andrew, Callum Bromley (Jack Richards 50’), Chris Cathrall, Nathan Leonard, Sam Litchfield, Stuart Rogers, Louis Irvine ( John Lloyd 94’), Robbie James, Adam Jenkins, Gareth Jones (Danny Barton 71’), Jake Cook. Unused sub Mark Davies, Yellow: Nathan Leonard.

Referee: Liam Gray (Rhyl)

Gareth Williams.
Huws Gray Alliance -Saturday, 1st April

CPD Porthmadog...................3
Sion Bradley 44’
Dan Roberts 66’
Meilir Williams 90’+2

Denbigh Town .......................2
Andrew Swarbrick 12’
Alan Bull 23’

Port kept the best wine until last as they came from behind to record a late, late victory over a Denbigh side that had held a 2-0 advantage on just 23 minutes. But a huge performance from then on in, brought Port back into a game. A goal just before the interval cut the deficit and midway through the second half the scores were level. In the second minute of added time the Denbigh defence finally yielded to the intense pressure and sub Meilir Williams was on hand to complete the come back and seal a well deserved three points.

Coming into the game on a run of four straight wins the visitors put Port on the defensive as they showed why they have turned around their season over recent months. Once the early sparring was done the visitors went ahead after 12 minutes when Andrew Swarbrick was freed on the left after a quick Denbigh counter-attack and he found the net with a fine angled shot into the far corner of the net. Denbigh continued to hold the upper hand, keeping possession well while Port gave the ball away too often and struggled to set up any attacking threats. Neither keeper was however troubled in these early stages and it took Port 22 minutes to test keeper Hill-Dunt, who needed a second bite to hold on to a well struck Rob Evans effort from 18 yards. But almost immediately Denbigh responded with the speedy Craig Pritchard breaking down the right to pull a low ball back into the run of Alan Bull whose low shot from 8 yards found the net. Things were looking ominous for Port at this stage as they were struggling to get any sort of foothold in the game. Then suddenly as though someone had pressed a button they started to get their act together with Ceri James and Rob Evans starting to control the midfield. Rob Evans burst forward and let fly from 20 yards, a shot which went narrowly wide and Cai Jones got to a long ball ahead of keeper Hill-Dunt but lifted his lob over the bar. Port pressure mounted as the interval drew near, Iddon Price crossed well from the right and a Cai Jones header flew over the bar but, a minute later, Port cut the deficit. Julian Williams broke on the right to whip a dangerous cross into the goalmouth and though Hill-Dunt got a hand to it Cai Jones was on hand at the back post to put the ball back into the danger zone and Sion Bradley netted with a shot from 10 yards. After struggling for much of the first half Port could have gone in on level terms at halftime but for an unbelievable recovery from Hill-Dunt. First he stopped a powerful Rob Evans effort but failed to hold it and, as it deflected kindly to give a Cai Jones what appeared to be a simple tap in, somehow the keeper kept his goal intact. 1-2 at the interval.

Port started the second half in much the same confident spirit they finished the first. Sion Bradley broke down the left and when the ball reached Rob Evans he lifted his shot from 16 yards narrowly over the bar. Port continued to push forward in search of an equaliser with Julian Williams breaking from midfield and firing narrowly past the post. But the visitors were not without their threats as Richard Harvey twice needed to pull off smart saves to deny Partridge. But Port were now looking the stronger of the two teams and on 66 minutes came the deserved equaliser. Dan Roberts rose well in the box to meet Sion Bradley’s accurate free kick and place his header well wide of Hill-Dunt and just inside the post. Port were on the offensive now and a neat flicked Julian Williams header put Meilir Williams in behind the defence but his shot was deflected over the bar. Play moved into the final 10 minutes with intense pressure on the Denbigh goal, a Sion Bradley shot was blocked and a series of corners were forced, Hill-Dunt saved from Meilir Williams and with time running out Port finally got the winner they deserved. Deep into injury time a series of shots were blocked in the Denbigh box with the ball finally dropping for a delighted Meilir Williams who netted from close range and completed Port’s come back.

The three points were no more than Port deserved, playing their best football for some considerable time especially in the second-half. The longer the game went on, the more their confidence grew, as they threw off the uncertainty of recent weeks. There were excellent performances all over the pitch and we can hopefully look forward to a strong finish in the two remaining away fixtures.

The club extends its best wishes to Jack Riley of Denbigh who was stretchered off today after 75 minutes.

PORTHMADOG: Richard Harvey, Iddon Price Josh Banks, Ceri James, Dan Roberts, Steve Bratt, Rob Evans, Sion Bradley, Julian Williams, Cai Jones, Joe Williams (Meilir Williams 69’). Unused subs: Rhys Hughes, Craig Papirnyk, Tyler French, Paul Lewis. Yellow: Rob Evans.

DENBIGH: Jon Hill-Dut, Jack Riley (Kieran Gaul 75’), Nathan Williams, Ben Nash, Liam Smith, Matthew Cook, Craig Pritchard, Gareth Partridge, Andrew Swarbrick (Andrew Thomas 31’), Alan Bull, Aaron Hassall. Unused sub Sam Tate. Yellow: Ben Nash 67’, Nathan Williams 87’.

Referee: Dan Fogerty
Attendance: 187

Gareth Williams
Huws Gray Alliance -Saturday, 19 March

Gresford Athletic......................2
Owen Roberts 6’
Jack Chaloner 67’ (p)

CPD Porthmadog......................0

Port slipped to their 4th league defeat in their last five matches as a goal in each half gave the home side the three points to help them consolidate their third place spot. Owen Roberts gave Gresford the early lead and a second half penalty from Jack Chaloner settled the outcome against a Port side loooking very low on confidence.

Gresford started strongly and in the 5th minute Chaloner broke strongly from midfield and his through ball put Newton in on the right. Richard Harvey got a hand to the winger’s angled shot and the ball was cleared. But just a minute later Gresford broke quickly, after winning the ball in midfield and the ball was swept out to Dean Bryan on the left. Richard Harvey once again could only get a hand to the dangerous far post cross and Owen Roberts was on hand to net from close range. The home team continued to apply the early pressure and Newton’s cross to the back post was headed wide by Owen Roberts. The game from then on to half time became something of a slog, where neither side managed to put their stamp on the game, with Port in fact unable to test home keeper Mike Platt at all in the opening half. Their only first half threats came from a couple of Paul Lewis corners which failed to trouble keeper Platt. Gresford, after their promising opening, failed to impose themselves on the game and after a busy opening 10 minutes Richard Harvey remained untroubled up to half-time. Jack Chaloner provided the only further threat on 25 minutes when he fastened on to a loose ball on the dge of the box but lifted his shot over the bar.

The second half opened with threats at both ends. Rob Evans for Port lifted his shot over the bar from the edge of the box while at the other end there were a couple of dangerous efforts down the left from Tom Freeman. Tom Clarke was on hand to clear a low ball off the line and Richard Harvey produced a good save diving to his left to keep out an angled shot. Port then enjoyed their best spell of the game penning back the home team and in the 56th mniute Cai Jones did find the net with a neat header to convert a Chris Jones cross. But the travelling supporters elation proved short lived as an assistant’s flag ruled out the goal for offside. A goal at this stage would have lifted Port and might well have changed the direction of the game. Instead following the decision the game went back into its rather tedious pattern with few chances on goal.Tom Clarke met a Paul Lewis corner but his header went wide. As early as the 67 minute the game was virtually settled when Port conceded a penalty. A defensive mix-up down the left forced Richard Harvey to rush off his line to stop Newton;s run into the box and he was adjudged to have brought him down. Referee Ellis Highes pointed to the spot and Jack Chaloner stepped up to convert the penalty which went in off the foot of the post. Soon after Owen Roberts came close to increasing the lead with a powerful strike form 18 yards which went narrowly over the bar. There was little in the way of goal threats in the last 20 minutes as Gresford were happy with their two goal advantage. There were a couple of threatening runs for Port from Paul Lewis and then iddon Price but keeper Platt dealt comfortably with both. Late on a Doherty corner for Gresford found Jack Jones in the box but the header flew wide. Not a great game, played on a bumpy surface and its lack of goalmouth thrills mean that it will not live long in the memory.

Despite the result there were good Port performances from Dan Roberts at the back and Cai Jones who worked hard up front but with little support. Port travel to Penrhyncoch on Wednesday badly in need of a lift following recent results.

PORTHMADOG: Richard Harvey, Iddon Price, Josh Banks. Ceri James (Meilir Williams 71’), Dan Roberts, Tom Clarke, Rob Evans, Chris Jones, Sion Bradley (Joe Williams 78’), Cai Jones, Paul Lewis. Unused subs: Craig Papirnyk, Tyler French (gk), Rhys Hughes. Yellow: Paul Lewis 44’, Ceri James 64’, Richard Harvey 67’, Iddon Price 81’. Huws Gray Alliance -Saturday, 19 March

GRESFORD: Mike Platt, Liam Walsh (Shaun Williams 77’), Dean bryan, Max Peate, Jack Jones, Josh Griffiths, Joe Newton, Jack Chaloner, Owen Roberts (Rhys Lloyd 71’), Tom Wells (Dom Doherty 77’), Tom Freeman. Unused subs: Matt Thompson, Jon Collo.

Referee: Ellis Hughes (Wrexham).
Attendance: 76

Gareth Williams
Huws Gray Alliance -Saturday, 11/03/17

CPD Porthmadog...................1
Cai Jones 60’

Caersws FC ............................2
Josh Hartrick 90’
Sean Evans (p) 90 (+3’)

Three points were thrown away at the Traeth today, as some sloppy play in midfield allowed Caersws to turn around a game that Port looked to have won thanks to a goal from Cai Jones on the hour mark. But Caersws kept going to the end and an equaliser in the last minute of normal time was not the end of the scoring as Port conceded a penalty under late pressure and that in the 3rd minute of added time. Sean Evans completed the late, late smash and grab from the spot.

The game had opened quietly with not too much of a threat at either end. Both teams passed the ball around well but too often both were guilty of giving the ball away when a good final pass was required. Richard Harvey was the first keeper in the action when he went down well to save a low shot from Iwan Lewis. A good break forward from Tom Clarke threatened for Port and, despite a good exchange with Cai Jones, Caersws keeper Luke Evans was out well to intercept. A couple of good forward runs from full back Phil Jones forced Richard Harvey into saves at his near post and it needed a good block from Iddon Price to stop Josh Hartrick. The nearest we came to a goal in the opening half came after 34 minutes when Sion Bradley for Port, broke down the left and cut into the box on the left. His low shot to the near post almost caught out keeper Luke Evans who just about manged to get a hand to the ball and divert it for a corner. It was a largely uneventful first half and ended goalless.

Port came out in the second half looking far livelier and in the first two minutes had carved out a couple of good chances. Twice Sion Bradley crossed dangerously from the right with Cai Jones and Chris Jones getting on the end of them but both shots went straight to the keeper. It was all Port at this stage and soon after, a Chris Jones flick put Iddon Price in on the left but his shot went across goal and wide. On the hour mark the home team deservedly went ahead. Iddon Price broke down the Port right and found Cai Jones who had timed a good run in behind the visitors’ defence and, with keeper Luke Evans well off his line, he opened the scoring with a low angled shot. Following the goal the game appeared to drift into a similar pattern to the first with neither side really threatening, and with the Port rearguard looking strong, it increasingly looked a game where the one goal would settle it. The nearest Caersws came to scoring at this stage came from one of several free kicks conceded in midfield. Graham Evans lifted his kick into the box and it needed a good close range save from Richard Harvey to keep out a Rhydian Davies header. That apart the home defence was in charge and there was no suggestion of what was to happen before the referee blew his final whistle. Indeed in the last 10 minutes of normal time Port had more chances to make the game safe. Chris Jones found Joe Williams free on the right of the box but the shot was deflected over the bar. From that corner Chris Jones met Sion Bradley’s cross to the near post but the header went inches over the bar. Then with three minutes left Meilir Williams put Joe Williams through on goal. He raced forward chipped the keeper but past the post.

The dramatic finale came when Port started conceding possession in midfield. In the last minute of normal time a wayward ball was interceoted in midfield and Sean Evans broke forward toslip in Josh Hartrick with a through ball. It put the forward in on goal and, from 15 yards, the former Port forward scored. Despite getting a hand on it Richard Harvey was unable to keep it out. But worse was to follow for Port as Sean Evans got in on goal on the left of the box. His shot beat the advancing Harvey but Iddon Price nipped in at the back to block the shot. Sean Evans and Iddon Price raced for the loose ball and the latter was adjudged to have fouled. Referee David Wright pomted to the spot and Sean Evans did the rest.

To say it was a disappointing end to the game is a massive understatement and for the second week in succession Port have contributed to their own downfall. Heads up and on to Gresford next week.

PORTHMADOG: Richard Harvey, Iddon Price, Josh Banks, Dan Roberts, Tomos Clarke, Ceri James (Meilir Williams 71’) , Rob Evans, Chris Jones, Cai Jones (Joe Williams 78’) , Sion Bradley Paul Lewis. Unused subs: Steve Bratt, Tyler French(gk), Craig Papirnyk. Yellow: Paul Lewis 38’, Josh Banks 69’, Tomos Clarke 72.’

CAERSWS: Luke Evans, Jake Parr, Phil Jones, Eilir Jones, Tom Richards, Iwan Lewis, Jolyon Harries (Graham Evans 39’), Rhydian Davies, Josh Hartrick, Luke K Evans, Sean Evans. Unused subs: Graham Jones, Dylan McPhee.

Referee: David Wright (Wrecsam)
Attendance: 153.

Gareth Williams.
Huws Gray League Cup -Saturday, 4 March

Holyhead Hotspurs ...................1
Brendun Hogan 119’

CPD Porthmadog......................,,0
After Extra Time

A goal in the last minute of extra time secured a deserved place in the semi-final of the competition for the Hotspurs. In difficult heavy conditions the home side adapted the better and, though the Port defence stuck manfully to the task making it a tense nail biting finish, they could not repeat their two league victories over Holyhead. Hotspurs enjoyed the lion’s share of the possession and created the better chances but it needed a defensive mix-up to seal the victory.

The early skirmishes were mainly in the Port half of the field but the first real opportunity was at the other end of the pitch. After 6 minutes Port broke down the right and an exchange of passes released Cai Jones down the right. His excellent far post cross was met by Paul Lewis whose strong header went narrowly over the bar. A minute later and a Paul Lewis cross also to the back post was lifted over the bar by Chris Jones from a narrow angle. But Richard Harvey was soon in the action saving well from Alex Jones at the foot of his post following Dean Garmey’s free kick. Paul Lewis was Port’s main threat with some good strong runs, and it needed a block for a corner to keep him out. The home team came on strongly in the middle part of the half and Steve Bratt did well to chest a Dewi Thomas shot into the safe hands of Richard Harvey. The Port keeper was now in the thick of the action and pullled off a string of excellent saves to keep Port into the game. He pulled off a super save to punch away Hilditch’s fiercely struck shot which looked goalbound. He repeated this to keep out and excellent free kick from Alex Jones 20 yards out. In the closing stages of the half a shooting chance for Port when a good exchange of passes between Chris Jones and Iddon Price released Iddon whose shot from 15 yards went over the bar. Chris Jones was soon involved again and Meilir Williams headed the cross goalwards but Paul Pritchard was down to save well. The last word in a goalless first half came from the home side when an Dewi Thomas put Mel McGinness through for a good shooting chance, but the strike from 15 yards struck the angle of the post and cross bar.

Port came out strongly in the second period but again it was the home side that came closest to opening the scoring. The fact that the game remained scorless after 53 minutes was again down to Richard Harvey who pulled off a remarkable double save to keep out the two close range efforts from Mel McGinness. Round the hour mark Port enjoyed a good spell mainly due to some strong runs down the left from Paul Lewis. His deep cross was headed back into the goalmouth by Meilir Williams but there was no one to apply the finish. Paul Lewis was in the action again receiving a quick free kick from Josh Banks but his cross was overhit and Chris Jones lifted his shot over the bar. In the latter stages Holyhead came strongly again and Mike Kelly was not far off the target when he met a Deion Evans corner with a glancing header. Pressure was mounting on the Port goal and Richard Harvey did well to clear a dangerous Mel McGinness inswinging corner. With extra time looking ominously likely Iddon Price made a good block with Mike Kelly’s shot being deflected over the bar. 0-0 after 90 minutes.

On to extra time with the saturated pitch cutting up and making passing really difficult. With players slipping and sliding it was a credit to both defences that no goals had been conceded. Hotspurs were first to threaten in extra time but Richard Harvey saved from Mel McGinness who made a good break down the right. But Port responded and Meilir Williams met a Cai Jones cross to the near post but Paul Pritchard was down well to save. Tom Clarke then fired a shot from 25 yards but wide of Pritchard’s goal. Play became increasingly confined to the Port half of the pitch and an angled shot from Deion Evans went dangerously wide of the post. Rob Evans then pulled off an excellent tackle to halt Mel McGinness bursting into the box. With just a minute left Brendun Hogan produced the decisive action minutes afer coming on as sub. He capitalised on a moment’s hesitation in the Port defence as Richard Harvey and Dan Roberts appeared to leave things to each other. Hogan nipped in and sent an angled shot into the empty goal and put the Hotspurs in the semi-final.

It will be back to league action for Port next Saturday with Caersws the visitors, buoyed by the news that both Flint and Gresford both suffered defeats today. We wish Campbell Harrison and the Hotspurs the best of luck in the semi-final.

PORTHMADOG: Richard Harvey, Iddon Price, Josh Banks, Ceri James, Dan Roberts, Steve Bratt (Tom Clarke 46’), Rob Evans, Chris Jones, Cai Jones, Meilir Williams, Paul Lewis (Joe Williams 90’). Unused subs: Craig Papirnyk, Tyler French (gk). Yellow: Dan Roberts 59’, Ceri James 102’.

HOLYHEAD: Paul Pritchard, Dan McGinness, Keiron Hilditch, Corey Jones, Alex Jones, Rhys Roberts, Mike Kelly (Brendun Hogan 109’), Dean Garmey, Mel McGinness, Dewi Thomas (R Llewelyn-Jones 95’), Gavin Sharpe( Deion Evans 59’). Yellow: Dewi Thomas 17’, Paul Pritchard 69’.

Referee: John Alun Jones (Mold)

Gareth Williams


Cysylltwch â ni / Contact us