CPD Porthmadog FC
Uwchgynghrair Cymru / Welsh Premier

Gartref / Home
Newyddion / News
Gemau / Fixtures
Canlyniadau / Results
Adroddiadau / Reports
Lluniau / Photos
Chwaraewyr / Players
Hanes / History
Cyfeiriadau / Directions
Siop / Shop
Archifau / Archive
Y Tabl / The Table
Trafod / Discussion
Ail Dīm / Reserves
Ystadegau / Statistics
Erthyglau / Articles
Cysylltiadau / Links
| NEWI Derwyddon Cefn Druids (a) | Castell-Nedd / Neath (a) | Prestatyn (h) | Drenewydd / Newtown (a) |

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier     - Saturday, March 14th

Newtown ... 2		CPD Porthmadog ... 0
Ward 5'
Mitchell 30'

Porthmadog conceded the three points with a poor opening half performance
and though they took the game to Newtown in the second period they could not
create any real opportunities. The service to Marc Lloyd Williams, aiming
for his 300 goals, was very disappointing and his one clear opportunity was
well saved by Robins keeper David Jones.

Port, weakened by injuries and suspensions, found themselves under pressure
from early on and a defensive muddle following a Matthew Lewis break down
the right allowed Nicky Ward in to open the scoring, though his initial shot
was blocked. Soon after Craig Hutchinson's shot on the turn was wide of the
mark and then Dave Vickers got down well to stop Worton's near post shot.
Newtown continued to dominate as Hutchinson and Sutton controlled the
midfield for the home side with the Port midfield retreating as their
backline came under increasing pressure. As a result Port had to rely on
long balls from the back. Hutchinson headed a Ward corner over the bar and
then just before the half hour mark Matthew Lewis, who was a constant threat
down the right, sent a low ball into the box and though there was plenty of
opportunity to clear it was allowed to run as far as the unmarked Mitchell
on the left and the Robins leading scorer rifled his angled shot into the
top corner. Pressure continued and Ben Ogilvy at the far post had to clear a
dangerous Mitchell cross and Vickers needed to be alert when Craig Williams'
free kick took a dangerous deflection. Port's only efforts on goal came late
on with a Marcus Orlik header at the far post followed by a Gareth Parry
shot wide of the upright. The only real opportunity of the half created by
Port came in the 44th minute when an exchange of passes between John Rowley
and Marc Lloyd Williams put the latter through but keeper David Jones spread
himself to deny the striker.

From the start of the second half Port looked more threatening and within
two minutes Chris Jones forced keeper Jones into a good save with his chip
from 25 yards. Chris Jones again threatened when Mark Thomas put him through
but keeper Jones was quickly off his line to save. Kehoe then fired over the
bar as Port started to build up a head of steam. But the Robins were
dangerous on the break and Matthew Lewis cutting in from the right fired
over the bar and Craig Moses forced Dave Vickers into a finger tip save
conceding a corner. Port continued to threaten with Rhys Roberts firing over
the bar at a corner and Jones again for Newtown gathering sub Cai Jones's
header under his bar. With time running out Cai Jones slipped a ball into
the box for Marc Lloyd Williams but Jones was out quickly again to save.
When Rowley's shot was deflected wide it was clearly not Port's day as their
inconsistency again surfaced to frustrate them in a game which beforehand
they might well have expected at least a share of the spoils.

Porthmadog (4-2-4): Dave Vickers, Mark Thomas, Ryan Davies, Rhys Roberts(Cai
Jones 72'), Ben Ogilvy: Chris Jones, Gareth Parry, Steve Kehoe, Marcus Orlik
(Adam Griffiths 88'): John Rowley, Mark Lloyd Williams.
Sub not used: Liam Shanahan. Yellow: Steve Kehoe 64'.

Newtown: Dave Jones, Craig Williams, Worton, Sutton, Andrew Thomas, Robert
James, Matthew Lewis (Richard Evans 68'), Hutchinson, Mitchell (McFadden
88'), Moses, Ward (Breeze 89').
Sub unused: Darren Ryan. Yellow: Shane Sutton 86')

Referee: Neal Morgan 		Attendance: 155.

Gareth Williams.   

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier     - Saturday, March 7th

CPD Porthmadog ... 3		Prestatyn ... 2
Marc Lloyd Williams 23', 36', 85'	Matthew Hurdman 32'
			Karl Murray 82'	

Port needed an 87th minute Marc Lloyd Williams special to secure a vital
three points in this relegation battle at the Traeth. The goal also
completed the super striker's hat-trick and took him within another
hat-trick of the magic 300 WPL career goals. Port had contributed to their
own anxieties, conceding an 83rd minute equaliser, after having led since
the 36th minute. Jiws's winner brought a huge collective sigh of relief from
the Traeth faithful. 

It took ten minutes of midfield skirmishing before the first attempt at goal
and that was a tame affair by Ian Griffiths for the visitors followed by a
John Rowley effort which was half blocked and in the end presented no
problem for Dunt in the Prestatyn goal. Richie Owen then struck a 20 yard
effort straight at Dunt before we had the first real threat on goal after 19
minutes. Jack Lewis wide on the left lifted a high ball which flew over Port
keeper Dave Vickers before striking the far post and then took a fortunate
bounce to safety. Chris Jones was a threat down the right for Port and Andy
Davies did well to cut out a dangerous low cross with predator Marc Lloyd
Williams bearing down. Port's opening goal came after 24 minutes. It started
with a Dave Vickers free kick deep inside the Port half which reached Marcus
Orlik on the left. He cut inside and delivered a defence splitting pass
which put Marc Lloyd Williams in behind the visitors defence for a cool
finish from close range. A minute after going ahead a misplaced pass put the
Port defence under pressure and it needed a goal line clearance by Chris
Jones to prevent an equaliser. But the lesson was not heeded and just past
the half hour mark the panic button was being pressed again in the Port box.
Then when it appeared that the danger had been averted and Steve Kehoe had
taken protective action to see the ball over the goal line the referee
surprised everyone and pointed to the spot. Dave Vickers initially appeared
to have save Hardman's 32 minute kick but it squirmed out of his grasp and
marginally over the line. The scores remained level for only four minutes
before Steve Kehoe's well struck cross from the right was superbly headed
wide of Dunt by Marc Lloyd Williams for his second. Port went in at the
interval holding a 2-1 lead.

For most of the second period Port held the upper hand and though the
Prestatyn goal came under heavy pressure for long periods the all important
third goal did not materialise until very late on. Marc Lloyd Williams and
John Rowley were a constant threat. Jiws in the first minute of the second
period turned well in the box but shot straight at Dunt. There were good
runs by Orlik and Chris Jones down the flanks and when Jones burst into the
box after a good run his shot took a fortunate deflection for a corner. Good
work by Rowley and Chris Jones down the right ended with the final shot
again being deflected for a corner. The goal still proved elusive and when
Richie Owen put Marc Lloyd Williams through Dunt was out well to save at the
expense of a corner. An Orlik cross from the left to the near post was
headed wide by Rowley. Prestatyn were reduced to 10 men after 79 minutes
when Russ Jones received a second yellow card. With the third goal refusing
to come, a long ball out of defence allowed Karl Murray to get behind the
Port defence. The substitute kept his cool and raced on into the box before
rounding Vickers to tap into an empty net for an excellent opportunist goal.
Port were not prepared to settle for the draw and with four minutes left
Gareth Parry played the ball behind the Prestatyn defence and Marc Lloyd
Williams secured his hat-trick and all three points with a lob over the
advancing Dunt and into the net.

It was good to see Prestatyn bringing such strong support. It shows what an 
asset they have been to the WPL.
Port: Dave Vickers, Steve Kehoe, Ryan Davies, Rhys Roberts, Mike Foster:
Chris Jones, Gareth Parry, Richie Owen, Marcus Orlik: John Rowley, Mark
Lloyd Williams. Subs not used: Eifion Jones, Mark Thomas, Ben Ogilvy, Liam
Shanahan. Yellow: Steve Kehoe 43', Marcus Orlik 52', Ryan Davies 70'. 

Prestatyn: Dunt, Andy Davies (Steve Harris 75'), Jack Lewis, Dave Hayes,
Russell Jones, Ross Hannan (Gareth Davies 81'), Alec Williams, Hardman,
Fisher Cook, Hoult( Murray 62'), Ian Griffiths.
Sub not used: Dan Distain (y). Red; Russ Jones 79'. Yellow: Russ Jones 59'
Gareth Davies 90'.

Referee: Mark Whitby.			Attendance: 206.

Gareth Williams.

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier     - Saturday, February 28th

Neath Athletic ... 3		CPD Porthmadog ... 0
Richard French 45'
Dion Chambers 88', 90'

Though the home side had to wait for two very late Dion Chambers's goals to
Clinch a vital three points in this relegation six pointer, not even the
most diehard of Port supporters would deny that they were deserving of the
three points. Neath presented a strong physical challenge from the start and
Port did not really come to terms with this. Neath established control in
midfield picking up the majority of loose or second balls. Port's passing
was often inaccurate and they resorted to far too many high balls -hardly
the type of service which Marc Lloyd Williams and Chris Jones can thrive on.
The strength of John Rowley at the front was also badly missed. 

An early cross by Mark Thomas and a Ryan Davies header at the far post,
saved by Wyn Walters, suggested that Port might reproduce the kind of form
shown at Cefn. Then at the other end the lively Kerry Morgan, who has caused
Port problems in the past, turned a Dale Evans corner over the bar. Port
lost Rhys Roberts after only 12 minutes, injured in a heavy tackle. The
first half proved to be low on entertainment value with neither side able to
create much. In the 22 minute Wyn Walters under pressure from Chris Jones
dropped the ball and only recovered thanks to a despairing dive. One of the
best moves of the game created the best scoring chance of the opening half
when a clever exchange of passes, after 37 minutes, between Chris Jones and
Marc Lloyd Williams put the latter, clean through on goal but with only the
keeper to beat, snatched at his shot and fired wide of Walters' left hand
post. At the other end another Dale Evans corner caused problems and Kerry
Morgan should have done better than blaze over the bar from close range. On
the brink of half time Neath went ahead. It came as a result of yet another
Dale Evans corner. This was only partially cleared as far as Richard French
who fired into a crowded box from 20 yards. The shot took a big deflection
and ended up in the Port net.

The second half largely belonged to Neath. Two minutes into the second
period they won a free kick on the edge of the box and it needed a diving
save from Vickers low near his left hand post to keep out Kerry Morgan's
curling free kick. The home side continued to get the better of the
exchanges and Vickers again saved well diving to his left. Port on the other
hand found retaining possession a problem and were unable to ask many
questions of the home defence. A break down the right by Marcus Orlik ended
with his cross cum shot being well cut out by Wyn Walters. The dangerous
Kerry Morgan, with his pace and darting runs, continued to test the Port
defence. In the 72 minute he crossed to the near post where French was only
inches wide with his finish. Morgan again, ten minutes from time, came close
with another free kick on the edge of the box which curled just over the
bar. Whilst only a single goal separated the two sides Port were still in
the game with the chance of at least a point. Their best opportunity, after
86 minutes, fell to Marc Lloyd Williams -but his shot from 18 yards was well
saved by Wyn Walters diving to his right. With time running out sub Dion
Chambers provided the killer goals. The first of the two came when the ball
ran loose to him following a good run to the edge of the box by Morgan.
Chambers finished well with a low shot just inside Vickers' left hand post.
Then well into injury time Chambers cut into the box on the left and
finished in style with a powerful shot across Vickers into the top corner of
the net.

Failure to capitalise on good performances, which gave a share of the points
against TNS followed by a good away win at Cefn, brings more pressure ahead
of the next game at home to Prestatyn.

Porthmadog: Dave Vickers, Mark Thomas, Ryan Davies, Rhys Roberts (Eifion
Jones 12'), Mike Foster: Marcus Orlik (Danny Rylance 90'), Steve Kehoe,
Richie Owen, Ben Ogilvy (Cai Jones 76'): Chris Jones, Marc Lloyd Williams.
Yellow: Chris Jones 30', Eifion Jones 80'.

Neath: Walters, Graves, Burrows, Cronin, Folland, Blackmore (Chambers 76'),
Pockett, Dale Evans (Ingram 76'), French (Matthew Rees 85'), Kerry Morgan,
Mike Waters. Yellow: Mike Waters.

Referee: Dean John. 		Attendance: 166.

Gareth Williams

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier     - Friday, February 20th

NEWI Cefn Druids ... 2		CPD Porthmadog ... 4
Kevin Holsgrove 4'		John Rowley 30', 44'
John Rush 85'		Mike Foster 35' (pen)
			Marcus Orlik 76'

Port had to recover from an early setback to provide manager Tomi Morgan
with his first win since taking over the managerial reins at the Traeth.
Druids went ahead after only four minutes but once again the Morgan factor
was in evidence as Port recovered their composure. In form John Rowley
scored twice before half-time to send them on their way to picking up all
three points in this vital relegation battle between the 15th and 16th
placed clubs.
The Druids made the early running and looked dangerous. They capitalised on
their good start and after only four minutes they went ahead with Kevin
Holsgrove firing an angled shot past Vickers after a good exchange of passes
between him and Ricky Evans had opened up the Port defence. Following the
Druids strong start Port had to work hard to establish a foothold in the
game. McGuigan saved low to his right from Marcus Orlik who had been set up
by Marc Lloyd Williams and John Rowley and Steve Kehoe then fired wide from
20 yards. Port should have drawn level after 28 minutes when Marc Lloyd
Williams, following good work down the right crossed to the far post but
Marcus Orlik failed to take advantage of a free header. But there was not
long to wait for the equaliser as two minutes later Marcus Orlik fed John
Rowley on the edge of the box and the striker turned and struck a low shot
just inside McGuigan's left hand post. Druids had a chance to restore their
lead but Geraint Lewis headed a good Mark Powell ball wide of the upright.
With thirty five minutes gone the visitors went ahead when Mark Powell
brought down Chris Jones in the box. For the second successive game Mike
Foster stepped up to convert a penalty, this time driving low straight down
the middle of McGuigan's goal. Just before half time Port consolidated their
lead with what was perhaps the best goal of the match. Richie Owen, who had
an outstanding first half, put John Rowley through with a perfectly weighted
through pass and the striker hit an angled shot past McGuigan from 12 yards. 

Druids started well in the second period and Dave Vickers needed to pull off
a good save at his near post to deny Heverin cutting in from the right. At
the other end Marcus Orlik was wide with a header after a good cross from
Mark Thomas. The introduction of Joe Price and John Rush brought extra bite
to the Druids attack and after 58 minutes Price created a good shooting
opportunity for Ricky Evans but the Druids leading scorer blasted over the
bar. Pressure continued and Mark Thomas had to scramble Rush's cross off the
line. Geraint Lewis came close with two headers with Price again the
supplier. Port weathered that period of pressure for Marc Lloyd Williams to
head an excellent Chris Jones cross over the bar. There was not long to wait
for Port's clinching fourth goal. Another Chris Jones cross was blocked by
McGuigan and the keeper again saved from Marc Lloyd Williams but the ball
was only cleared as far as Marcus Orlik and the forward unleashed a
fine shot from 20 yards to score. Richie Owen was unlucky not to add a fifth but 
his blistering 30 yard  shot struck the crossbar with McGuigan beaten.With time 
running out the home side managed a second goal but by then it was too late to 
influence the result.Rush ran on to a Ricky Evans header to score from close 
range. With the 90 minutes up Marc Lloyd Williams raced from half way to the 
edge of the boxbut his well struck shot was saved by McGuigan at the expense 
of a corner. 

This all important win lifts Port four points clear of the Druids who remain
in 16th spot. Another good all round team effort will please manager and
supporters alike. 

Port (4-4-2): Dave Vickers, Mark Thomas, Ryan Davies, Rhys Roberts, Mike
Foster: Chris Jones, Chris Parry (Steve Kehoe 9'), Richie Owen, Marcus Orlik
Carl Jones 78'): John Rowley, Marc Lloyd Williams.
Subs not used: Eifion Jones, Cai Jones, Liam Shanahan.
Yellow: Ryan Davies 50', Marc Lloyd Williams 70'. 

Druids: McGuigan, Lee T Jones, Marriott, Powell, Aled Rowlands, Barnett
(Rush 61'), Heverin (Joe Price 55'), Stewart (Bamber 73'), Geraint Lewis,
Ricky Evans, Holsgrove.
Sub not used Josh Griffiths (y). Yellow: Geraint Lewis 39', Aled Rowlands
50', Bamber 84', Lee T Jones 89'.

Referee: Andrew Harms Attendance 198. 

Gareth Williams.


Cysylltwch ā ni / Contact us