CPD Porthmadog FC
Cymru North

 Gartref / Home  Newyddion / News  Gemau / Fixtures  Canlyniadau / Results  Adroddiadau / Reports  Lluniau / Photos  Chwaraewyr / Players  Hanes / History  Cyfeiriadau / Directions  Siop / Shop  Archifau / Archive  Y Tabl / The Table  Trafod / Discussion  Academi / Academy  Ystadegau / Statistics  Erthyglau / Articles  Cysylltiadau / Links
| Llanrug (h) | Llanuwchllynf (h) | Mynydd Llandygaif (h) | Penrith (h) | Blaenau Ffestiniog (h) | Flint (a) | Conwy (h) | Buckley (a) | Bangor (h) | Flint (a) |

JD Cymru North-Saturday, 07/09/19

FLINT TOWN UNITED................................3
Mark Cadwallader 6, 16, 28;

CPD PORTHMADOG...........................,,,,,,,,1
Jay Gibbs 45

Having been put to the sword by Flint just a month ago in a Nathaniel MG Cup tie, it was with some concern that supporters ventured to Cae Castell once more, this afternoon. Their worst fears were realised within the first half hour as August Player of the Month, Mark Cadwallader helped himself to a hat-trick. Things, at that stage, looked even bleaker than on the last visit but, with Jay Gibbs leading the fight back with a goal on the stroke of hall-time, Port dug their heels in and a much improved second half performance meant that they kept parity during the second period with no more goals coming in the second 45 mins.

Port posed the first threat after2 mins but when Jay Gibbs hit a low free kick into the box there was no one on hand to apply a finishing touch. But within 6 minutes defensive woes struck again with the the Port offside trap receiving no approval from the linesman which allowed Mark Cadwallader to score from close range. Port responded to this setback and a good build up, created a shooting chance for Iwan Lewis but a deflection took it past the post. Things got worse for Port on 16 minutes when Mark Cadwallader chased forward getting a toe poke to the ball ahead of the advancing Paul Pritchard which was enough to find an empty net. Flint continued to threaten with Richie Foulkes lifting his shot over the bar. But with 28 minutes on the clock Cadwallader completed his hat-trick this time with a looping effort from just ouside the box going over Paul Pritchards outstretched arms. Late in the half Port staged a fight back with a dangerous Gethin Thomas cross being diverted away by keeper Danbys fingertip save. Then in the final minute of the opening half Jay Gibbs cut the deficit when his powerfully struck 25 yard free kick took a huge deflection which left the home keeper stranded. 3-1 at half-time.

Port had to ride further pressure at the start of the second period and it was that man Cadwallader again sending a header over the bar and then a minute later drawing a quality save from Paul Pritchard. Ceri James, who was marshaling things at the back,was in the action again clearing off the line with a header. Gradually however Port were picking their game up gaining far more possession and were forcing Flint back. When Tony Davies brought down Jay Gibbs the midfielder, who was turning in an outstanding performance, took the free kick himself and it needed an excellent save from the keeper to keep him out.Telor Williams then followed up with a shot which went close. The improvement for Port continued but the elusive second goal refused to materialise. There was an excellent exchange of passes between Sion Parry and Mel McGinness but the latters shot flew over the bar. Port pressure was interupted by a break from Nathan Brown who fired a low shot from the edge of the box but Paul Pritchard again needed to pull off a good save. The Port search for a second goal continued with a good exchange between Sion Parry and Gethin Thomas, with Sion Parry going close. But the second 45 minutes ended without any addition to the score.

The search for the first points of the season continues, but manager and supporters alike will be buoyed by the second half fight back. It was a good team performance with in ddition to Jay Gibbs and Ceri James, excellent performance came from Tomos Emlyn who got through a huge amount of work in an all action performance and Telor Williams, in only his 2nd game since joining the club, proving what a talent he is. On to the next and the battle continues with Llangefni at the Traeth on Tuesday evening. The fight goes on! No surrender! Cmon Port!

Porthmadog; Paul Pritchard, Tomos Emlyn, Ceri James (John Littlemore 88), Dan Roberts, Telor Williams, Gethin Thomas (Math Roberts 81), Iwan Lewis, Jay Gibbs, Ilan ap Gareth ( Rhys Alun 58), Mel McGiness, Sion Parry. Unused subs: Ryan Williams, Ben Williams. Yellow; Dan Roberts 87.

Flint John Danby, Andrew Brown, Brandon Burrows, Daniel Andrews, Richard Foulkes Alex Titchiner Mark Cadwallader, John Davies Nathan Brown Jacques Welsh Tony Davies Subs: Aaron Jones GK 2 Thomas Kemp, Corey Smart, Dominic-McHugh,Tyreek McCallum.

Referee: Alex Livesey.

Report compiled from notes supplied by Phil Jones nad Tweets by Dylan Rees (Diolch yn fawr).

Port played today without 2 players attending the international in Cardiff. Sion Parry had to drive from Cardiff to Flint on the morning of the game to appear. Several offiicials, including 4 usual match reporters were at Cardiff, If we are to encourage greater attendance at Cardiff internationals the FAW should consider suspending fixtures on a Saturday which follows an international game.
JD Cymru North -Saturday, 24/08/19

Match Sponsors: R J WILLIAMS: Honda Talsarnau

CPD PORTHMADOG................................0

BANGOR CITY..........................................1
Emmanuel Agyemang 33

A goal shortly after the half-hour mark gave Bangor the three points in the strangest ever Derby between the two clubs. One estimate gave the total of visiting supporters at about 30 which is a sign of the times currently existing at Nantporth. Adding to the unfamiliar atmosphere, was that bi-lingual today meant Welsh and Italian. Once again the stiff breeze had a big influence on the game, where Bangor had the better of the opening half but Port struck back in the second period doing everything but score and will feel very disappointed not to have taken a point from the game.

This must have been a difficult game for the coaching staff to prepare for. knowing so little about the opposition. This lack of knowledge was apparent too amongst supporters as the strong identity and banter associated with a derby was very much absent. The opening stages were relatively quiet as both teams eased themselves into the game with both looking to pass the ball around, but with no threats in either penalty area. Eventually Bangor posed the first real threat on goal in the 19th minute, when Agyemang was put through on goal down the left side forcing Paul Pritchard into a good save at his near post. For the remainder of the half the visitors were on top and Agyemang was their dangerman drawing another good save from Pritchard as he burst through. Port were being forced to defend with Josh Banks doing a great job having been switched to central defence. The only threat Port could muster at this stage was a free kick from Jay Gibbs, struck low and hard taking a deflection and could have gone anywhere but went for a corner.

It was little surprise when Bangor went ahead after33 minutes though it was a rather scruffy goal . A cross came in from the left, not well defnded, and when the ball was put back into the box Agyemang was on hand to score from close range. Though Bangor continued to look strong in midfield and were having more of the possession Port kep the score to 0-1 at the interval.

Sion Eifion introduced Mel McGinness and Rhys Alun for the second half and both showed up well immediately. Mc Ginness held the ball up well and linked up well bringing the wide players into the game. Rhys Alun burst down the left, cut inside and unleashed a cracker which went inches over the bar. As Port pushed forward looking for an equaliser, Bangor relied more on breaks and, when the ball was given away in midfield Zoumbare burst through on goal forcing Paul Pritchard into another good save. A minute later and Serafino thundered a powerful shot against the Port bar. The game was now being played at high speed with the Bangor goal coming under threat. On the hour mark Rhys Alun struck another angled shot which went narrowly over the bar. A rare Bangor sortie, by this stage, produced a good move down the left and the ball was worked across to Serafino who drew another good save from Paul Pritchard. Minutes later and a well worked three man move created an opening for Ilan ap Gareth and it required an acrobatic save from Gabriele Brino to tip the testing shot over the bar.

With 20 minutes remaining Port were piling on the pressure and enjoying their best period of the game. The pressure was telling on the visitors defence with two receiving yellows in a matter of minutes. A cross cum shot from Ilan ap Gareth hit the side netting and the same player crossed only for Rhys Aluns to find his radar set for another effort which went narrowly over the bar. Another sub in Sion Parry was having an impact on the game, holding the ball up well to set up Rhys Alun for an other close effort. Though the effort was 100% the elusive equaliser refused to come, leaving Port still searching for their first points of the season.

Lifelong Port supporter Tommie Collins summed up the feelings of many at the end when he said, just needed that goal today, it'll come. The effort put in certainly deserved a point, especially the much improved second half performance. When a team is on a run of losses, confidence is low and the ball refuses to go in. A good debut performance for Telor Williams at left back today, playing his part in a much tighter rearguard.
Porthmadog: Paul Pritchard, Tomos Emlyn, Dan Roberts, Josh Banks, Telor Williams, Rob Evans (Sion Parry 69), Jay Gibbs, Iwan Lewis, Ilan ap Gareth, Gethin Thomas (Rhys Alun Williams 46), John Littlemore (Mel McGinness 46). Unused subs: Ceri James, Math Roberts. Yelow: Jay Gibbs 45.
Bangor: Gabriele Brino, Eugenio Dalia, Yalany Baio, David Thompson, Pavel Vieira, Fransesco Serafino, Massimo Sammartino, Azizou Zoumbare (Ashley Rouane 55), Lennie Armstrong, Aidair Neto (Harry Blackburn 86), Emmanuel Agyemang. Unused subs: Piero Cauterucci, Lucas Surber, Gennaro Cuomo. Yellow: D Thompson 79, ?? 84

Referee: John Andrew Jones
AttendanceL 289

Gareth Williams
JD Cymru North-Saturday, 24/08/19

BUCKLEY TOWN................................3
Aron Williams 35
Own Goal 56
Josh Jones 89

CPD PORTHMADOG...........................2
Gethin Thomas 45
Jay Gibbs 70 (p)

A tight contest in the sunshine at Globe Way and, just as it looked likely that Port would gain a point to give their season a start, it was snatched from them by an 89th minute winner. Overall it was a much improved performance from Port, despite missing key players in skipper Iddon Price, Rhys Alun, Ifan Emlyn and Mel McGinness due to injury and unavailability. It proved to be an end to end game which could have gone either way right to the end. Both teams had their chances. A minute prior to the late winning goal, Port spurned a glorious opportunity to win the game themselves, only for the ball to go down the other for Josh Jones to settle the game in Buckleys favour. An excellent goal on debut for Gethin Thomas and, a typically influential playmaker performance from Jay Gibbs, will give Port supporters hope that a corner can be turned very soon.

Port made a bright start and, from their very first attack, they worked Iwan Lewis into space but keeper Makaruk was able to deal with a shot which lacked power. On 7 minutes they came close again when a clever Jay Gibbs free kick struck the post, bounced off the keeper but there was no one on hand to apply the finishing touch. Though play was end to end Port were creating the better early opportunities and following Ilan ap Gareths corner it was Gibbs again who struck powerfully inches over the bar. But on 22 minutes Buckley almost netted out of nothing. Dan Roberts gave the ball away in midfield and Aron Williams received, bursting through unopposed but his angled shot went across goal and wide. Three minutes later the home team had a further opportunity to go ahead when they were awarded a penalty but Paul Pritchard pulled off another great save, out of his bag of memorable saves, diving full stretch to his left to deny Aled Bellis. Then with 10 minutes to go to the interval Buckley went ahead. It was a fine individual goal from Aron Williams who had been the home sides most dangerous attacker. He cut infield along the edge of the penalty area and then, when he found a space, he fired a cracker which went into the net off the underside of the bar. The goal spurred Port on and Rob Evans fired into the side netting and the same player crossed to the back post where John Littlemores close range header went past the post. But on the stroke of half-time Gethin Thomas, almost inevitably set-up by Jay Gibbs, scored on debut with a cracking angled shot. 1-1 at half-time.

There was a threat at either end as play resumed, with Dylan Roberts testing Paul Pritchard with a dangerous low shot from 25 yards, while at the other end a shot on the turn from John Littlemore was cleared at the expense of a corner. Then on 56 minutes Port conceded a very scrappy goal. It came from a corner on the left with the ball pinging around the goalmouth. There were several blocks before finally a shot from Hone took a deflection and flew into the net. Buckley could have gone further ahead moments later but Jake Roberts blasted over the bar. Then on 67 minutes Port drew level. John Littlemore raced in on goal only to be upended by advancing keeper Makaruk. The referee pointed to the spot and following lengthy treatment for Littlemore, Jay Gibbs smashed home the penalty. Both teams went for the winner and both keepers had to make good saves to retain parity. Then on 88 mins Port carved out a great opening. The ball was well worked across from the left to find Rob Evans in space at the back post. But the shot was delayed and the keeper saved. Following this Port were punished big time. Buckley pushed forward straight away and the ball was rolled back to Josh Jones for the sub to drill a powerful low shot and win the game.

A lively game where Port will be very disappointed to return home empty handed. It has been a difficult start to the season but, with players to return, a successful debut for Gethin Thomas together with greater control being exerted in midfield by Jay Gibbs and Iwan Lewis, the elusive points are hopefully just around the corner. The defensive slips however continue to be a worry.

Porthmadog: Paul Pritchard, Tomos Emlyn, Ceri James, Dan Roberts, Josh Banks. Jay Gibbs, Iwan Lewis , Ilan ap Gareth, Gethin Thomas. Rob Evans, John Littlemore (Sion Parry 70). Unused subs: Carwyn Jones, Math Roberts, Ryan Williams.

Buckley: Joe Makaruk, John Davies, Dylan Roberts,Keiron Moore, Callum Humphris, Lewis Hone (Josh Jones 77), Aron Williams, Aled Bellis, Jke Roberts, Pat Hinchcliffe, Adam Eden. Unused subs: Rhys Hewitt, Tom Smith, Sam Spridgeon. Yellow: Adam Eden 16, Jake Roberts 62, Joe Makaruk 67, Pat Hinchcliffe 90

Referee: Nathan Bartram

Gareth Williams
JD Cymru North -Saturday, 17/08/19


CPD PORTHMADOG................................0

CONWY BOROUGH.................................2
Sean McCaffrey 26
Corrig McGonigle 38 p

Another disappointing afternoon for Port as they slipped to a 2 goal defeat on the opening day of the JD Cymru North League season. A stiff, blustery wind dictated the play as both teams struggled to master the awkward weather conditions. The Borough took advantage of the wind on their backs to set up a two goal lead in the opening half. Whereas Port, despite creating numerous chances when they had the wind advantage, failed to find the net. Goals win matches and Conwy deserved to get their season up and running with a victory.

The opening stages were totally dominated by the wind as neither team settled and there was little or no pattern to the play. There were a couple of long range efforts from Conwy which Paul Pritchard dealt with comfortably. Then on 19 mins a long throw from Carwyn Jones gave the Conwy defence an anxious moment or two as McGinness got on the end of it and the ball was played back to Iwan Lewis, on the edge of the box, whose shot was hit with power but rose narrowly over the bar. The visitors soon responded with a good break, and an exchxnge of passes created an opening for Morris who blasted his shot well over the bar. But with 26 mins gone Conwy took the lead. It came via a deep corner on the left with the ball headed back into the danger area and Sean McCaffery squeezed a header in at the near post. At this stage Port also lost Dan Roberts, limping off to be replaced by the returning Jay Gibbs. Play remained scrappy but Port won a couple of corners which frustratingly came to nothing. With half time approaching Conwy were awarded a free kick wide on the left which McGonigle hit into the box and in the ensuing passage of play Rob Evans conceded a penalty. Corrig McGonigle stroked the spot kick into Paul Pritchards left hand corner. 2-0 to Conwy. The nearest Port came to scoring came a fw minutes before the interval when the ball was played inside to Rhys Alun whose well struck angled shot went across the face of goal but wide. Half-time came with Port needing a second-half flyer with the wind on their backs.

With the wind in the second-half Port enjoyed a far greater share of the play but found it difficult to break down a stubborn defence with keeper Ben Heald in good form behind them. There was an early chance for Port, but McGinness fired wide following a Rhys Alun corner. The game failed to flow as overhit passes and balls ballooned into the wind broke up play. Jay Gibbs did have an opportunity just past the hour mark, receiving from the right but fired wide from the centre of the box. Port continued to search for a goal to bring them back into the game. A deep corner came to Rhys Alun but he fired wide.

A rare opportunity for Conwy on 68 mins when a free kick from the left was allowed to travel deep into the box where McGonigle, well placed, lifted his shot over the bar. But Port pressure continued and there were chances, a ball into the box from Rhys Alun reached John Littlemore whose shot was cleared for a corner. Ilan ap Gareth had his low shot saved by Heald and the same player set up John Littlemore on 80 mins; the forward turned inside his marker but again Heald was able to deal with the shot comfortably. Heald made sure of his clean sheet when he saved again from Ilan ap Gareth running on to a Rhys Alun pull back. That was about it as Port, for all their efforts, had failed to really dent the visitors defence.

Clearly there is work to do as Sion Eifion searches for the right blend of old guard and newcomers. On to the next and the visit to Buckley on Saturday. Buckley were without a game today (17 club league!) but like Port, went out of the Nathaniel MG Cup, going down 2-0 to Rhyl.

Porthmadog: Paul Pritchard, Carwyn Jones, Tomos Emlyn, Dan Roberts (Jay Gibbs 26) Iddon Price, Ceri James, Iwan Lewis, Rob Evans (John Littlemore 64), Ilan ap Gareth, Mel McGinness (Sion Parry 73), Rhys Alun Williams. Unused subs: Math Roberts, Gethin Thomas. Yellow: Rob Evans.

Conwy Borough: Ben Heald, Nathan Williams, Sion Hogan, Adam Pritchard, Tomos Clarke, Dafydd Jones, Guto Hughes (Leigh Craven84) Rob Jones, Sean McCaffrey (Harry Galeotti 75) Corrig McGonigle (Cory Williams 82), Liam Morris. Unused subs: Huw Shaw, Dan Roberts. Yellow: Cory Williams 83),

Referee: John Andrew Jones
Attendance: 238

Gareth Williams
Nathaniel MG Cup -Saturday, 10/08/19

FLINT TOWN UNITED................................5
Nathan Brown 3
Alex Titchner 23, 26
Andy Brown 76,
Mark Cadwallader 83

CPD PORTHMADOG..................................1
Sion Parry 81

This was not the start manager Sion Eifion was looking for, as his team were blown away, not by the gale force winds the Met Office were threatening but by a Flint team who played to their strengths. With a fair old wind blowing down the pitch, the home side used the elements better and were generally quicker to the ball denying Port the time to get their passing game going. An early goal from Nathan Brown put the Silkmen on the front foot and two mor goals before half-time left Port hanging on by a thread. A second half fight back did not materialise and two late goals sealed Ports fate.

The home side had the wind on their backs in the opening half and Port were forced back into their own half. It took Flint just three minutes to go ahead. Nathan Brown outwitted a hesitant Port defence cutting in from the right and his low drive from just inside the box found the corner of the net. Ports goal remained under pressure with Paul Pritchard saving at his near post from Richie Foulkes cutting in from the left. Andy Brown then drove low across the goal as the threat continued.

It took 20 minutes before Port were able to pose a threat of their own. It came through Rob Evans down the right, but his shot was diverted for a corner, Following the corner Rhys Alun fired an angled shot which went inches over the bar. But this proved only a brief respite, as with 23 minutes gone the home side doubled their advantage. Titchiner took advantage of defensive dithering to score from close range. The same player was on hand to intercept a Ceri James crossfield ball and race on unopposed to notch his second and make the score 3-0. Pressure continued and Paul Pritchard saved well from Cadwallader. The only other Port move of note came with Ilan ap Gareth breaking on the right, his cross into the box found Rob Evans who lifted a shot over the bar. The half ended with Nathan Brown coming close with a free kick from the edge of the box.

Port introduced John Littlemore for the second half as an early goal could put them back into the game. But it was Flint who came closest to an early goal when Cadwalladers header flew inches over the bar. Port did respond and a Littlemore header had to be headed off the line. Port were now having a greater share of the play than in the opening half but were not seriously threatening the home goal. There were a couple of efforts from Rhys Alun, one was touched over the bar and another saved well by keeper Aaron Jones while a free kick from Ceri james went over the bar. But with the game entering its final 20 minutes the home side pushed forward again and Andy Brown came close with a shot from distance and two minutes later the same player did find the net, with an excellent volley from the centre of the box making it 4-0.

Port did respond with a goal from Sion Parry immediately after coming on as sub. He raced on to a Rob Evans through ball and with only the keeper to beat finished coolly. Two minutes later and Flint had the last word on a highly disapponting afternoon. Port failed to defend Nathan Browns left wing corner and Mark Cadwallader was on hand to turn it into the net.

A nightmare afternoon for Port as they exited the Nathaniel MG League Cup at the first hurdle. On the balance of the afternoons play few would believe that this was a game between the 2nd and 3rd placed clubs in last seasons HGA. Flint look in a healthy position, able to challenge at or near the top again. Port will hope that it was a one off, a blip, a bad day at the office and can look for a big improvement when Conwy Borough visit the Traeth next Saturday.

Porthmadog: Paul Pritchard, Tomos Emlyn, Josh Banks, Ceri James, Iddon Price. Carwyn Jones (John Littlemore 46), Iwan Lewis, Ilan ap Gareth (Sion Parry 80), Mel McGinness (Dan Roberts 63), Ro b Evans, Rhys Alun Williams.Unused subs: Gethin Thomas, Math Roberts. Yellow: Ceri James 47.

Flint: Aaron Jones,Tom Kemp, Andrew Brown, Dan Andrews, Ricjie Foulkes, Alex Titchiner, Mark Cadwallader, Dom McHugh, Nathan Brown, Tony Davies,Jac Welsh. Used subs: Ryan Smith, Corey Smart, Dylan Allshorn, Unused: John Davies. Yelow Richie Foulkes 9.

Referee: Alex Livesey

Gareth Williams
Pathfinders Cup -Tuesday, 31/07/19

CPD PORTHMADOG ..............................3
Rhys Alun Williams 45', 85', 90'

BLAENAU AMATEURS.............................1
Joe Dukes 23'

Porthmadog lifted the Pathfinders Challenge Cup in front of a large crowd of over 400 at the Traeth. The home team needed two late strikes from Man of the Match, Rhys Alun Williams to finally settle a tight contest.

The Pathfinders Cup is an annual event which coincides with the Pathfinders visit to their summer camp at Cricieth. It was great to welcome them once more to the Traeth and great to see them crowd the Quarry End in good voice and united in their suopport of the home team!

Port started the game strongly forcing Blaenau back deep into their own half but despite the pressure a mixture of good defending, near misses and poor finishing left the game suprisingly goalless after 15 minutes. There were a few close shaves in this period with an opportunist lob from Ilan ap Gareth over the stranded keeper but also going narrowly over the bar. Then a powerful 25 yard strike from Ceri James flew wide.

But Blaenau showed that they had the pace and guile to hit on the break and moments after Rhys Alun Williams had a goal disallowed for Port, Blaenau struck. The home defence was caught out by a quick break and Joe Dukes, against the run of play, found the net. The goal gave the visitors the confidence to push on and especially in the latter stages of the half the two sides matched each other. On 41 minutes David Copsey came close for Blaenau, bursting through on goal but was denied by a good save from the advancing Paul Pritchard. But on the stroke of half-time it was Ports turn to hit on the break. Rhys Alun Williams broke on the left, cut inside and from the narrowest of angles struck a cracker into the far corner of the net to level the scores at the interval.

The game followed a similar pattern in the second half with Port controlling the possession but comimg up against a determined, well organised Blaenau defence and behind them keeper Gethin Jones was in excellent form. Once again Blaenau looked to hit on the break and some well worked moves released the runners to test an often stretched home defence.

Twice keeper Gethin Jones pulled off saves to deny Rhys Alun, one of these with his leg as the wideman bore down on goal. On the break Blaenau came close when David Copsey broke behind the home defence only to fire across goal and wide.Meilir Willaims had a chance from close in but Paul Pritchard was down well to save.

The pressure mounted towards the end as Port pushed forward to look for the winner. With just 5 minutes remaining Math Roberts, down the left created the opening for Rhys Alun whose shot went in off the post. On 90 minutes the games outstanding player went on to complete his hat-trick and make the game safe for Port.

A trophy for Port before the season proper starts and a great work out for both teams.
Gm Gyfeillgar / Friendly-Sadwrn / Saturday, 27/07/19

Penrith FC .......................................5

CPD Porthmadog.............................4

The first ever meeting between the two clubs proved to be a crazy game of fluctuating fortunes. Two hat-tricks -one for each team- a massive lead and a fantastic fight back which ultimately ended in glorious failure.

It was a great opening half for the home team with Chris Wraight putting them ahead, followed by two goals from Martyn Coleman and before half-time Max Brown had made it 4-0 for Penrith. Things got even worse for Port early in the second period when Martyn Coleman added a 5th for the the home side, completing his hat=trick from the penalty spot.

After being on the receiving end for so long Port sprang into action with Sion Parry netting to make it 5-1 and then going on to score another two goals, complete his hat-trick and reduce the deficit to 5-3.

Ilan ap Gareth then slid in at the back-post to make it 5-4 and set up a grand finale. But there was to be no equaliser to complete the great fight back and for the regulat Tweets.

Manager Sion Eifion commented ,Great workout for both sides yesterday. A big thenk you to Andy Coyles and all at Penrith FC for hosting and very best of luck for the season ahead. A big thank you to to the supporters who made the journey ! Hope you has a top night.

Last word today to the Cumbrian club.
Great link formed by both clubs today. Fantastic set of supporters whove travelled from CPD Porthmadog. Everyone at Penrith appreciate your efforts.
Gm Gyfeillgar / Friendly-Mawrth / Tuesday, 23/07/19

CPD Porthmadog..............................6

Mynydd Llandygai.............................2

Unwaith eto cymrodd Rhys Alun Williams, chwaraewr ifanc a ymunodd o glwb Nantlle Fl dros yr haf, y cyfle i greu argaraff, yn sgorio hatric. heno yn erbyn Myhydd Llandygai, clwb o Welsh Alliance 1.
Gyda dwy gl Rhys Alun ac un gan Ilan ap Gareth roedd Port 3-1 ar y blaen ar yr hanner.
Yn yr ail hanner cwblhaodd Rhys Alun ei hatric gydar chwaraewr canol cae Ilan ap Gareth, syn cael cyfnod cyn dymor ardderchog, yn rhwydo ei ail. Rob Evans cafodd y gl arall.

One of the main features of the game against Welsh Alliance 1 club, Mynydd Llandygai was a hat-trick by Rhys Alun Williams , a young player who has created a huge impression since joining from Nantlle Vale this summer.
Two goals from Rhys Alun and one from Ilan ap Gareth gave Port a 3-1 lead at the interval.
In the second period Rhys Alun completed his hat-trick while there was a 2nd for Ilan ap Gareth, another player who has impressed in midfield during pre-season. Ports other goal came from Rob Evans
Gm Gyfeillgar / Friendly-Sadwrn / Saturday, 13/07/19

CPD Porthmadog..............................4

CPD Llanuwchllyn.............................1

Sicrhaodd Port eu 3ydd buddugoliaeth cyn-dymor diolch i 3 gl mewn 5 munud yn hwyr yn y gm. Cyn y ffrwydiad o goliau bun rhaid iddynt weithio yn ddygn wrth geisio agor amddiffyn styfnig yr ymwelwyr.
Yr ymwelwyr oedd 1-0 ar y blaen ar yr hanner er waetha gorfod amddiffyn am y mwyafrif or amser yn yr hanner cynta. Methodd y tm cartref nifer o gyfleoedd yn gynnar yn y gm, hyn yn dilyn sawl symudiad gwerth chweil . Roedd Llanuwchllyn yn fygythiad yn gwrth ymosod ac ar l 20 munud daeth eu gl -croesiad da or dde yn cael ei phenio ir rhwyd.
Yn syth ar ddechraur ail hanner sgoriodd Ifan Emlyn i ddod ar sgr yn gyfartal ond er yn rheolir gm ni ddaeth ychwanegiad pellach ir sgr tan yn hwyr. Sion Parry gwnaeth y sgr yn 2-1 wrth fanteisio ar peniad clyfar Mel McGinness. Yn syth aeth Port ymhellach ar y blaen gyda Ilan ap Gareth yn cyffwrdd y bl ir gl o groesiad isel Sion Parry. Cwblhawyd y sgorio wrth i Mel McGinness goroni ei berfformiad egniol gyda ergyd gry o 16 llathen.
Diolch i Llanuwchllyn am gymryd y gm ar fyr rybudd gan rhoi cyfle dau ir ddwy garfan symud ymlaen au paratoadau.

Three goals in the space of five minutes late on gave Port their 3rd pre-season victory. Prior to that burst of scoring, they were made to work hard by a stubborn rearguard.
Llanuwchllyn held a 1-0 lead at the interval and that despite having to defend stoutly for most of the half. Port missed several early chances following well worked moves. The visitors were a threat on the break and on 20 minutes took their opportunity well with a close range header following a cross from the right.
Ifan Emlyn levelled the scores very early in the second period and despite all the pressure the score remained 1-1 until Sion Parry eventually broke the deadlock converting a neat flick-on from Mel McGinness. Almost immediately Port doubled their advantage when Ilan ap Gareth turned in Sion Parrys low cross at the back post. A minute later and it was 4-1 as Mel McGinness capped an all action performance with a powerful drive from 16 yards.
Thanks to Llanuwchllyn for taking this fixture at short notice to proide a good workout for both sides.

Gareth Williams
Pre-season Friendly: Sadwrn / Saturday 06/7/19

Gm Gyfeillgar / Friendly-Sadwrn / Saturday, 06/07/19

CPD Porthmadog..............................5

Llanrug United..................................0

Perfformiad da unwaith eto gan garfan Sion Eifion, carfan gry o chwaraewyr sydd wedi arwyddo at y tymor nesa. Roedd yna berfformiadau unigol da gan rhai or chwaraewyr newydd a hefyd gan yr hen do.
Cafodd y chwarae cynnar ei ddominyddu gan Port ond heb agor fyny amddifyn yr ymwelwyr. Daeth yr agosa am gl ar l 13 munud, pan cafwyd arbediad da iawn gan golwr Llanrug i rwystro Iwan Lewis. Daeth y gl gynta wedi 23 munud gyda Iwan Lewis a John Littlemore yn cyfuno i Livermore rwydo. Dangosodd Rhys Alun ei ddoniau wrth iddo sgorio gl dda cyn yr hanner a munud wedir hanner amser creu y cyfle i Iwan Lewis ei gwneud yn 3-0. Doedd Llanrug ddim heb eu cyfleoedd ond ar y cyfan pnawn ddigon tawel gafodd Paul Pritchard rhwng y pyst.
Ychwanegwyd dwy gl arall cyn y diwedd gydar eilydd Math Roberts yn rhdeg tu l ir amddiffyn i dderbyn pas a rhwydo o 6 llathen. Cwblhawyd y sgorio gyda Mel McGuiness yn rhuthro drwodd at groesiad ardderchog Iwan Lewis.

Another good performance by Sion Eifions squad with the strong starting line-up on view composed entirely of signed-up players. There were some good individual performances from the new faces as well as the old guard.
Port dominated the early play but were unable to open up the visitors defence in the opening 15 minutes. The closest to an early score came after 13 minutes when the visitprs keeper pulled of an excellent save to deny Iwan Lewis. Then 23 minutes into the game, a good exchange of passes between Iwan Lewis and John Livermore saw the latter slot the ball home to open the scoring. New signing Rhys Alun got in on the act with a couple of pieces of magic, scoring just before the interval and then providing an assist for Iwan Lewis a minute into the second period making it 3-0.
Llanrug were not without their chances but overall Paul Pritchard had a quiet afternoon in the Port goal.
There were two more goals for Port with sub Math Roberts scoring from close range after running on to a well judged through ball. Mel McGuiness completed the scoring when he raced on to a Iwan Lewis pull-back.

Y tm cychwynnol / Starting line-up: Paul Pritchard, Iddon Price, Dan Roberts, Carwyn Jones, Josh Banks, Ifan Emlyn, Rob Evans, Ilan ap Gareth, Iwan Lewis, John Livermore, Rhys Alun. Subs: Mat Roberts, Mel McGuiness, Sion Parry.


Cysylltwch ni / Contact us